My babies

My babies

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Going Back To Cali

Mid November 2008-- The summer has ended and the kids are back to school so we thought it was a great time to go on a long vacation. Much to the teachers chagrin we headed off with homework in hand. The kids where all soo excited to see family and friends, it was the first time back to Southern California in almost a year. Here are the highlights.

*Waiting for the plane-In the Portland airport
*Going to our old church ward in Murrieta.
Hannah with her good church friends Kaylee and Jillian

*San Diego Zoo- spending some good quality time with grandma Joan and Papah.
*How amazingly close you can get to the animals.

*Visiting with friends
The Tompsons and their soon to be 4 boys.

The Stanton's clan

*Disneyland- Love this place!



*Hannah learned how to defeat Darth Vader.

*California Adventure- I love this place too. *Hannah turns 9-Another highlight of the trip! I am truly amazed that my baby girl continues to get older and I don't. Just kidding I think I double in age every year. We had a great birthday for her at both grandparents houses.
Well, half of our trip was over and we had to say good-bye to San Diego and Grandma and Papah. We then headed out to the Palm Springs area to visit the other side of the family and enjoy Thanksgiving.
*Thanksgiving in the Desert- It was great to be with all the family.

*Being with family and enjoying food.


*Watching 7 kids trying to play twister at the same time.

Dylan looking very good for just getting out of the hospital the day before.


*Exploring the fault- We went out to the San Andreas Fault, an oasis, which is about 10 mins. away from my parents house. This is where the earth's plates come together and water seeps up. It is amazing to see these palm trees in the middle of the desert.
Looking at the fault from a distance




*Ossil pontificating about the trees and the meaning of a fault:)

We had a great time and as we headed back to life trying to finish all the homework on the plan flight home we felt so grateful for all the great family and friends we still had in So Cal. See you next year!

6 comments:

Mary said...

Wow, you guys really packed it all in! I haven't been to Disneyland during Christmas time in too long. I love that place too! Makes me want to take a visit.

Zola said...

What great memories. We loved having you. Those photos were so much fun to see. Miss you all so much!! Now I want to see some photos of all that snow you guys had.

Rebekah Boaz said...

I love these pics! So many familiar faces with the grandparents and a few people from our ward!

Natalee said...

I wish I could be in disneyland right now. I am so glad you had such a great time.

Terry Family said...

It was so good to see you when you were out here. Thanks for stopping by. It looks like you had a great time in California. Your family is growing up so much and your kids are adorable. Brittany was sad that she didn't get to see Hannah.

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

It was so fun to se you guys, and the kids had so much fun with the cousins! I'm so glad we were home from the hospital so we could all spend some time together. Love you!