My babies

My babies

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Been Tagged!

O.K. I have been TAG-ed so here it is

The 5 things I have in my Purse
1. My cell, wallet, and about 1oo receipts.
2. Wipes, cream, diaper, and 3 different packs of gum.
3. My huge sunglasses and case, perfume, and Excedrin.
4. 5 different lip glosses (you wouldn't believe all the different shades of nude lip gloss there is
and you have to have), and hand sanitizer
5. A reusable grocery bag, fruit leather, and small toys
( I also have about 20$ all in change)

The 5 things i have in my workroom
I don't really have a workroom it's in the garage and in different closets.

The 5 things I've always wanted to do.
1. Travel with my kids and Ben to every country
2. World peace or skydive
3. learn how to sew and make patterns
4. learn to weld
5. And I'm sure there are 100 more i can't remember now.


The 5 things I am into right now
1. Learning how to work with PMC (Precious Metal Clay)
2. Learning how to cook with tofu and other healthy things
3. Learning to garden organically ( i'm starting a class next week)
4. Blogging
5. And most of all my growing family ( that is age not more kids)

That was fun!

Now I am going out on a limb and tagging:
1. Mindi
2. Erin
3. Coco
4. Mary
5. Elizabeth - since you haven't done it yet

7 comments:

Zola said...

Whoa girl! What great lists, but your list of what was in your bag was so l-o-n-g. Now I can see why you need that huge bag.

How neat that you would want to take your kids to see the world--most people wouldn't feel that way.

As for the sky-diving thingy, as your mother I would strongly recommend that you forget that one. On the other hand, those really cool hobbies (silver smithing and gardening), keep those up.

Natalee said...

I wish that we lived closer so that we could make patterns and play with some pmc together. There are these great quarterly magazines called Sewstylish. you can't get a subsription but i think Joanns carries them. They are more focusd toward younger, trendier sewers and they teach you things like how to make a dressform out of duct tape and draping and all sorts of cool stuff. Also Burdastyle is a great website with cheap fashionable patterns and howtos. It is all copyright free so you can download a pattern and change it or not and make it and then sell it. Love you Mindy

koko bean..... said...

Hey Mindy I need to tell you something. My sister Theresa has a boy that is allergic to eggs ( didn't you say that Zachary was allergic too?) Anyways if I am right and he is, Theresa jut took her boy to a doctor who told her she should try duck and goose eggs because they have a different protein in them than chicken eggs. So she did (she tried the duck eggs) and he didn't have a problem at all. He has been having them in an egg burrito for breakfast everyday. She has been making him cakes and cookies.. I just thought I would share the good news. Good luck... And I don't know if you are aware but she also told me that a raw carrot mimics the protein of an egg. So be careful (you may had already knew that. ) P.S. love the post.

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

Wow! That was a lot ore than five things in your bag. But I've seen your purse, and it can handle a lot of stuff - all necessary stuff, I'm sure.

World peace OR skydiving? one excludes the other? You can't have both at the same time? What a shame.

I can't wait to see what else you make with the silver clay.

Great lists.

loves!

EMac said...

Mindy, you are so cool. I just love looking at your blog. I bet your purse is huge. How is the gardening class. Any new things you can teach us. Have you heard of Square Foot Gardening. Look it up on line. It can work very well with organic gardening. squarefootgardening.com. It is a type of organic gardening of sorts, but mainly it has to do with the layout of the garden. Also, it emphasizes natural soil (compost, vermiculite - a natural mineral that holds water like a sponge, and peat moss). It also emphasizes pest control by hand. Being close to your plants, and if you see critters, take them off by hand, or use something natural like soap etc. It was designed by a retired engineer who wanted to take up gardening, and realized that the typical backyard gardening techniques were based on large scale farming with tractors (rows etc). He used his engineering skills to get more out of less space, and with less work. There are two editions of his book. The one written 20 years ago (I got mine use on line for 6 dollars), and the new edition I got for full price a few years ago, but now you can probably find it cheaper online used or new some where. It doesn't give information for growing seasons, crops etc for your area. That would be great to learn in the class. I do square foot gardening, and I think Natalee and Dad doing a form of it as well.
Love you and miss you!

Mary said...

I know I'm a little late on this . . . and I will get around to doing it soon. As soon as I recover from my latest blog entry!

bendystar said...

I've always wanted to weld too- ha! I'm jealous of your organic gardening class- I'm just winging it with mixed success. Good luck!