My babies

My babies

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Farewell Forte and Tranquila

June 2009- I hate snakes, not with a capital H but I just have no like in my whole being to ever have one or run into one. So my sweet family thought it a good idea to catch a couple for me to look at everyday. The kids loved them and named them Forte and Tranquila. We tryed really hard to make a home that they would like and could survive in but after a few days the snakes didn't eat and they knew it was time to say goodbye.





So good-bye Forte and Tranquila, Good-Bye!!!!

4 comments:

EMac said...

Those are cute snakes, but it is hard enough to take care of kids. Our neighbor gave us two parakettes. We tried real hard to take care of them properly, but they both died. First one died, and we bought a companion so the other one would not be alone. (They do better in pairs.) Then the other one died, and finally the third one died. Too bad we couldn't let them go before they died. Lucky thing with snakes you can just put them back into nature. We had to watch the birds slowly get sick and eventually die. I will never own a bird again as long as I live. Cats are great. A bowl of food, a bowl of water and a cat litter box. He takes care of himself. I think the only animal for me is a cat. Even then, 3 kids is hard enough.

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

I am SO sorry for your loss, Mindy! Healing will come for you... in time.

Zola said...

EEEEEEK!!!!!!!!!
I just cannot imagine our dear Mindy any where near a snake and liking it. So those little snakies lost their appetites. Sounds like the feeling was mutual--you probably didn't have much of an appetite when they were around either!

Kristy said...

I love the picture of Josh holding the snake the most. I wish his face was a little more upturned so we could see the full effect.